K Inbasegaran Research Fund Guidelines
[ Download Application Form (PDF, 237KB) ]
The K Inbasegaran Research Fund is valued up to RM10, 000 per year. The purpose of this fund is to support partially or fully one or more research projects in the study of anaesthesia, intensive care medicine, pain medicine and related sciences and branches of medicine. This fund is available for application annually from the 1st of June till 30th of September. Approval for the funds will be made known to applicants by November. Administration of this fund is executed by MSA Research Committee.
- Investigator(s) is/are an Life or Ordinary Member(s) in good standing of the MSA for a minimum of two years.
- ONE Principal Investigator is allowed an application for ONE research project annually.
- The research project is new and under the review of OR already has/have valid approval from any medical research ethics committee(s) in Malaysia at the time of application submission.
- The research project will be conducted in Malaysia. If it’s an international and/or multi-centered research project, one of the research sites must be in Malaysia.
- Applications for supplementary funding for existing project grants/funds will not be accepted.
- Adherence to this guideline is MANDATORY.
2. Application Process
- Applications must be made using the K Inbasegaran Research Fund Application Form.
The form is available on the MSA website.
- A COMPLETE application form including relevant required documents submitted prior to the dateline will ONLY be considered and evaluated.
CHECK LIST FOR FUNDING APPLICATION must be completed upon application submission.
- The application process is confidential. Information will not be released other than in compliance with any waiver or consent given by the applicant.
3. Conditions of MSA Research Fund
- The applicant must abide by these rules and regulations and the decisions made by the MSA K Inbasegaran Committee and MSA Executive Committee shall be final.
- Funds will be in Malaysian Ringgit and released once ethics approval(s) is/are obtained. Funds will be issued progressively in accordance to invoices and statements.
- Reporting obligations are as follows:
- The K Inbasegaran Research Committee must be informed if there is a change in the principal investigator. The fund will be terminated if the principal investigator leaves the research project, unless arrangement(s) is/are made and that arrangement(s) is/are deemed satisfactory to the MSA K Inbasegaran Committee and MSA Executive Committee.
- Three monthly research project progress reports must be submitted using the prescribed form. The final report must be submitted when the project is completed.
- Applicants must declare to the Society any other financial support that they may receive from the time the application is submitted until completion of the research project.
- Reports will be reviewed and approved by the Chairman.
If necessary, the Chairman may seek assistance from members of the MSA K Inbasegaran Committee or MSA Executive Committee to evaluate the reports.
- MSA requires that a presentation relating to the project be made at any major society or college meetings in Malaysia or internationally especially at those affiliated to MSA (e.g. ASEAN Congress of Anaesthesiologists, the World Congress of Anaesthesiologists or the Asian-Australasian Congress of Anaesthesiologists). The Society requires that its contribution to be acknowledged in all publications and presentations of the research project. Reprints of all publications should be sent to the Society.
- Termination of funds may be considered if conditions of the fund are not observed.
Malaysian Society of Anaesthesiologists
Unit 1.6, Level 1, Enterprise 3B, Technology Park Malaysia
Jalan Innovasi 1, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: 603 8996 0700; 603 8996 1700; 603 8996 2700
Fax: 603 8996 4700